Annual Well-Woman Visit
Every woman should have the freedom to choose the gynaecology service that best suits her wellness needs. Your healthcare needs change and vary throughout life and a well-woman examination is one of the most important ways you can protect your health.
During the visit your health and lifestyle will be discussed in a confidential environment with Dr Schneider. If necessary, a physical examination of your breasts and pelvis will be done in a sensitive manner.
Did you know…..?
- The American College lists 21 reasons to visit a gynaecologist before you turn 21?
- The annual well-woman visit is not only important because you need screening for breast and gynaecological cancers, but it is also an opportunity to discuss, with a professional, prevention of sexually transmitted diseases, birth control, concerns about sex, weight control and pre-pregnancy planning.
- If necessary, you can discuss fertility and ask for information about ovulation and ways to improve your chances of conception.
- Later, you will probably need to know more about menopause, coping naturally or using hormonal supplementations to manage the symptoms.
- Annual visits ensure you can maintain a healthy lifestyle and adopt habits that promote overall long-term health.